Making a better connection with the www.

Feedback about the trial Free Wifi has been overshadowed by the

poor quality mobile & internet service in Peregian Beach.

Traders, locals and small businesses seem more and more frustrated with their ADSL and wireless internet provider.

I contacted the Broadband & Digital Economy Manager of the Office of Broadband & Digital Economy at the Sunshine Coast Council today to enquire about the Free Wi Fi trials, and although disheartened by the bureaucracy associated with that, I did hear him say his department is interested in hearing about areas with poor internet connection as they can realign transmitters to these area!

Here is our opportunity to discuss & possibly improve our area's connection with the world.

.....Or become that special place free of WiFi!

Send a comment (via Talk of the Town)

Include 1. Street name in Peregian Beach 2. Internet Provider & service (ie Optus & 4G or Telstra & ADSL)

3. How often you lose connection or experience very slow speed.

(ie. twice a day, once a month)

Write a comment

Comments: 6
  • #1

Mukti Grace (Monday, 19 March 2012 18:17)

I am on Peregian Esplanade and am on ADSL with Pacnet. The only problem I've had is storms blowing out the modem they supply, I went and bought my own, and since then I am fast furious and always online.

I love the idea of WiFi in the village. Gets people out of their offices and seen in the community.

• #2

Barry Cotterell (Monday, 19 March 2012 19:28)

I have contacted Telstra about mobile reception and, while they investigated my complaint which was also made by a friend, no improvement occurred. I was subsequently unable to contact them as I left messages which were never returned. Not very helpful and the mobile phone which Telstra sells still does not get acceptable reception.

• #3

kim (Monday, 19 March 2012 22:36)

We hardly have any reception and wireless doesn't work at all, Telstra
    Kingfisher drive Peregian Beach

• #4

Peter (Tuesday, 20 March 2012 01:44)

Lorikeet drive, Club Telco , unlimited ADSL, drops out about 4 times per week, sometimes a whole morning. Club Telco have increased prices by $10/month because we are 'Regional' even though ACCC capped Telstra charges to other carriers.

• #5

www.scorespro.com (Sunday, 15 February 2015 23:53)

Olympic Tennis 2008 finds the us . in an important mammoth battle to thwart that emerging prominence of Okazaki, japan and Cuba designed for baseball supremacy on the planet. The XXIXth Olympiad belonging to the Modern Era belonging to the Olympic Tennis 2008 Mmorpgs may allow curtain fall in the game in baseball.

• #6

GROUND STABILISING MESH B (Tuesday, 05 May 2015 04:11)

Ground backing mesh may be the solution a person seek, these nylon uppers covers the majority of the play floor corner. These meshes are manufactured from excellent material that isn't rusty as well as smooth.